Has anyone ever sponsored a VISA to allow attendance to a training class?

Subject: Has anyone ever sponsored a VISA to allow attendance to a training class?
From: "John Posada" <jposada99 -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 10:23:30 -0400

Hi, guys...this request might seem strange, but while I validate if the
request that I received is valid, I'd like to give it the benefit of the
doubt and do some research while STC verifies if the membership information
is accurate..

I'm the Pres of the NYMetro STC chapter and we're doing a full-day workshop
on API/SDK writing on the 26th of this month.
http://www.stcnymetro.org/events/notices/mar262008.htm

Last night, I received the following reqauest:

"Good morning, am a classic member of STC with membership #115099 Lagos is
in Nigeria, West Africa... kindly issue me a Letter of Invitation and
necessary document to obtain a American Visa for this workshop."

What makes me leary is where it is from and their history of online fraud.
The only thing that makes me take this seriously is that along with it came
an online registration, paid with an authorized VISA card for $200.00.

Being that this is an international list and some of you go from country to
country, what is involved in this? Is this something that I can serious
facilitate by the 25th? Is it a way of getting into this country then
disappearing? Do I refund the money? Is this a new form of scam?

Thanks, guys.

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList