Re: RE : More usage: "Open" or "Access" web addresses

Subject: Re: RE : More usage: "Open" or "Access" web addresses
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "Techwr-l" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 10:06:06 -0700

I am of the opinion that were it not for the TV show
called "Access Hollywood," half the people in this
country would probably not know the word "access"
if they saw it.

If your instructions are written at a level that requires
you to tell your readers to use IE to get to an ftp site,
I would forget about "open" vs. "access" and tell them
to type the URL into the IE address bar and press the
"Enter" key.

Gene Kim-Eng