Re: Has the industry gone insane?

Subject: Re: Has the industry gone insane?
From: "Collin Turner" <straylightsghost -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: WilliamFLawrence -at- eaton -dot- com
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 08:33:54 -0600

Bill -

I agree with you about 80% on the XP/Agile statement. I think it works
with MUCH flexibility and *expert* Project Management. From a
Documentation viewpoint it's a whole new animal requiring a total
re-write of the rules for both TW's and co-workers in the sphere.

I've worked it for a few years with mixed success. It all came down to
how the projects were managed. Most of the developers seemed to "get
it". I was able to adapt quickly. However...if the Project Managers
and above were not able to let go and allow their employees to do
their jobs with little influence?

THAT'S when the center no longer holds.

As for the work situation...that was an ugly situation. Hopefully it
will be resolved soon!

Thanks!

-Collin

Collin Turner