RE: Pilot Editing Study?

Subject: RE: Pilot Editing Study?
From: Yves Jeaurond <jingting -at- rogers -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 17:22:26 -0400 (EDT)

That's all fine and dandy; then why not
The Levels of Edits // in the plural? Isn't it a mismatch?
or
The Levels of the Edit // if that's what is really meant?

By substitution: "The Levels of Instance of Editing", looks a little knocky
with missing plurals.

Now, maybe if it were about instances of chairs... :-)

Regards,

YJ

Fred Ridder <docudoc -at- hotmail -dot- com> a écrit :

Tim Mantyla wrote (in part):

> A nagging question: Why "The Levels of Edit," not "...Editing?" It sounds
> odd, although there must be a fine point of usage I'm missing here, given
> the obvious experience and knowledge of the authors and the meticulous
> nature of the piece. Would you title a book on running "The Levels of
> Run"?

I guess the explanation of this very issue that is on page 2 of the booklet
was not adequate?

The first edition elicited several comments about the use of the word
?edit? as a noun. The latest edition of Webster?s New Collegiate
Dictionary defines the noun ?edit? as ?an instance of editing,? and this
is the sense in which we use the term. Since The Levels of Edit is an
attempt to quantify the editing process, the noun is used in order to
denote this quantification.

http://green.msn.com/galleries/photos/photos.aspx?gid=164&ocid=T003MSN51N1653A

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList

You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as jingting -at- rogers -dot- com -dot-

or visit http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/jingting%40rogers.com

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList