Re: Replacing "master" and "slave" terminology

Subject: Re: Replacing "master" and "slave" terminology
From: John Hedtke <john -at- hedtke -dot- com>
To: john -at- garisons -dot- com,"Robert Hodgins" <ehodgins -at- telusplanet -dot- net>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 12:22:10 -0700

I agree with the esteemed Mr. G. These are
industry terms and any attempts to dislodge them
are going to be shouting at the tide.

The concept of "slaving a drive" or "slaving a
unit" to something else is well-established. If
it makes the engineer at all happier, you can
point out that it's not "enslaving a
drive." Come to think of it, if this guy's an
engineer, what's he done when this issue came up before?

Yours truly,

John Hedtke
Author/Consultant/Contract Writer
www.hedtke.com <-- website
541-685-5000 (office landline)
541-554-2189 (cell)
john -at- hedtke -dot- com (primary email)
johnhedtke -at- aol -dot- com (secondary email)