RE: Collaborative tool for Readme writing

Subject: RE: Collaborative tool for Readme writing
From: "Ole Andersen" <ora -at- dita-exchange -dot- com>
To: "Robert Partridge" <Robert -dot- Partridge -at- citect -dot- com>, "techwr-l List" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 13:43:50 +0200

Hi Robert,

I think the most widespread collaboration platform in the world is Microsoft SharePoint with more than 100 millions seats?

If you are using the SharePoint platform you may find it relevant to have a look at DITA Exchange. DITA Exchange is a complete end-to-end collaboration and single source content component management system that - among many other things will allow:

- all subject matter experts to write/edit XML-files in a forms-based-browser editor without know anything about XML.
- you to keep track of every change (version control) and it will allow you to revert to previous versions
- you to display two random versions in the same user interface and mark up the differences between the two versions
- you to assign meta-data on ever single content component so you will be able to see which component belongs to a specific software release, a specific market or a specific customer segment.
- you to route review and approval assignments through the built-in workflow engine
- it can be accessed from anywhere - provided you have a password and username
- it can even build the final help file by clicking a button if you want to; complete removing all the time consuming clean-up.
- and it can publish the help file as PDF or other formats simply by clicking another button (if required).

And like your own software; the only thing the user will need is IE6 or IE7.

If you are interested I can offer you to set up a private webinar at no charge.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Thanks,
Ole

Best Regards
>< Content Technologies ApS