RE: If I Did It PDF question

Subject: RE: If I Did It PDF question
From: "Lauren" <lauren -at- writeco -dot- net>
To: "'Bonnie Granat'" <bgranat -at- granatedit -dot- com>, "'techwr-l List'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 11:40:04 -0700

> From: Bonnie Granat

> Why did you change your mind?

I thought by opening with an editor, I could see if it was real file rather
than an executable. I also wondered if it was really the book. Now I'm
reading this disturbing book.

OJ talks about all of the events that led to him killing Nicole Brown and
Ron Goldman. His lawyer has said in responses to the book that chapter with
the killings is "hypothetical," but OJ tells everything in the first person
and his telling directly aligns with the evidence. This is a very chilling
and disturbing account of the events.

> What site forced a download? If they're a reputable company,
> them.

Too many sites to mention or to bother to remember. Some sites are
news-related sites and the pdf seems to come from their ads. Adecco is a
reputable employment recruiter. I don't know how to contact the owners of
the sites without going to the sites and the sites crash my browser when the
pdf starts to download. I'm sure they'll figure it out on their own.
Companies should check their own sites periodically to make sure that there
is not something quirky going on. In the meantime, I just add the sites to
my blocked sites list.

> To me, a forced download is like someone sticking their foot
> in your front
> door and getting in your house without your permission.

Yeah, that's what it's like.

> What sites are doing this? Stay away from them.

There's no way to predict which site will have the pdf. Adecco is reputable
and news sites seem reputable. I don't know that I've been to site that has
the pdf until my connection slows down from the download and my browser
crashes.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Lauren

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList