Re: Writing Corrective Actions for customers?

Subject: Re: Writing Corrective Actions for customers?
From: Ned Bedinger <doc -at- edwordsmith -dot- com>
To: "Combs, Richard" <richard -dot- combs -at- Polycom -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 16:13:00 -0700

Combs, Richard wrote:
> Ned Bedinger wrote:
>

> Never worked outdoors, except for some menial temp jobs. But I used to
> do a fair amount of wilderness backpacking (often solo, and often to
> decompress from work), so I think I understand how you feel.

That's the stuff, yes. It makes me want to take up prospecting for a
living. Prospecting is a lot like tech writing, to me.

> <snip> that it isn't hormones that make we this way. I suspect it
>> has to do with my being raised by wolves--the wolf milk made
>> me growly. I think it's good ("builds character"), but not
>> the fact that most offices I've worked in don't accomodate my
>> quasi-lycanthropic proclivities it very well. I have to wear
>> a shirt that says "Don't shoot--I can write!"
>
> Raised by wolves? Why, then you should be by nature a pack animal, and a
> perfect fit for the cube farm! Just determine who the alpha male is, lie
> on your back, and expose your underbelly. Everything will be fine after
> that. ;-)

Yeah yeah, but as sled dogs like to sa, unless you're at the front of
the pack, the view never changes, My inner critter is a little different:

http://www.techwr-l.com/archives/0501/techwhirl-0501-00170.html

The exceprt:

"I once saw a video from the Mystic Seaport collection. This particular
one was a lecture presentation about life aboard the last commercial
square rigger sailing around Cape Horn. The video was made by a farm boy
from Maine (1930s, iirc) who somehow had a movie camera when he went to
sea as a deckhand aboard this ship. At one point, he's got the camera
trained on the captain's dog riding herd on the seamen, nipping at them
if they aren't moving fast enough. In the narration, this dog is
described as hard working and devoted to the captain. The part that
resonates with me is when farm boy-turned-sailor says "That dog lives on
the scraps of salt meat, and has never once in his life been patted."
That's right much what I feel that being a tech writer is like :-\ "

I'm sure you understand.

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList