RE: STC is broken?

Subject: RE: STC is broken?
From: "Leonard C. Porrello" <Leonard -dot- Porrello -at- SoleraTec -dot- com>
To: "John Posada" <jposada99 -at- gmail -dot- com>, "Rick Stone" <rstone75 -at- kc -dot- rr -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 07:59:50 -0700

Possible interpretations of John's comments:

"Conflict with work" = "There isn't enough value to convince my employer
to give me the time away from the office." If an employee could argue
cogently that going to the meetings will result in significantly
improved tech docs, I doubt many employers would object.

"Commute time to get to meeting from work or from meeting to home" =
"There isn't enough value to warrant the commute from my home." In other
words, the cost is greater than the value. I bet the same people would
have little or no problem with the commute time to a free dinner in a
fine restaurant and Broadway show once a month.

"Cannot get a mass transit connection" = "There isn't enough value to
make the trouble of getting there worth while." I bet the same people
would be able to find a way to get into the city for a free dinner in a
fine restaurant and Broadway show once a month.

"Takes away from family time" = "Because this is of little or no
professional benefit, it will in no way enable me to compensate my
family for the time it will take away from them."

"Subject doesn't interest me" = stet.

Regarding the financial side of things, it's arguable that people never
say "money" because they never think, "this is too expensive." Instead,
they think, "Hmmm, do I really want to spend $25 on an STC dinner? Maybe
I'll go to a movie with my spouse instead or take my kids for ice
cream."

Leonard C. Porrello