RE: Business case for dual monitors

Subject: RE: Business case for dual monitors
From: "Sam Beard" <sbeard -at- oico -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 11:03:34 -0500

All,

When I first got here, there was only a single monitor. At my last
place, I had two monitors and was hooked ever since. I asked for and got
a second monitor in very short order. It makes work SO much easier,
especially when you document software or the software interface for
hardware. As has already been mentioned, it allows for the effortless
display of the software/interface on one screen while documenting said
software on the second. When a new coworker first started here, she had
the two monitors, but didn't really use the second one. Since she's been
here, though, I've noticed her keeping one or two things open on the one
monitor while using Frame and Photoshop on the other. It may SEEM like a
luxury, particularly if you're not used to it, but it CERTAINLY makes
work go easier and smoother!

Samuel I. Beard, Jr.
Technical Writer
OI Analytical