RE: Can I Get Your Input Please

Subject: RE: Can I Get Your Input Please
From: "Lauren" <lauren -at- writeco -dot- net>
To: <imborn4fun -at- yahoo -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 10:17:57 -0700

It could either be that your manager doesn't want you to leave, so he is
giving you a bad reference so you'll have to stay, or the company doesn't
want you to be full-time. I was in a similar situation 13 years ago when I
tried to get a full-time job with a company after my 11-month contract with
them ended. My friend who worked with the executives there told a VP to
give me a job.

I was hired, but my manager seemed to actively want me gone. She would
schedule early meetings before my work start time and send out the minders
in the morning before I got there so I would be late for meetings. She
would send me on errands to other buildings and then yell at me for not
being at my desk. Other times she would yell at me for no reason, and then
HR walked me out. Around the same time, the company fired a lot of people
to reduce its work force and improve it financial picture for an IPO. I
found out later from friends that my manager was working very hard to find
ways to get rid of me, like an obsession. The company went out of business
soon after that.

My point is, if they don't want you as a permanent employee, then there
could be a reason that has nothing to do with you. Perhaps you can talk to
the hiring manager for the other position and try to get a feel for your
possibilities as a full-time employee.

Lauren

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList