Re: Laptop Question (off topic? I don't know)

Subject: Re: Laptop Question (off topic? I don't know)
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "techwr-l List" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 09:01:55 -0700

Manufacturers shipping computers with Vista Business
or Ultimate have authorization from MS to include a
"downgrade" to XP Professional for customers who
require it. On request, the computer can be shipped
preloaded with XP Pro with the Vista disk included for
later upgrade. Some manufacturers will even install
both in a dual-boot configuration on request.

However, my choice would be to buy a new system
with XP Pro and just wait out Vista. MS has Vienna
scheduled for 2009, and the large number of XP
users who are avoiding Vista and are still ordering
new systems with XP will probably ensure that there
will be some level of "upgrade pricing" from XP to
the Vista replacement. If MS repeats ME history,
Vienna will probably be out in late 2010 and be
better than Vista.

Gene Kim-Eng