Re: Tech Writer Lawsuit

Subject: Re: Tech Writer Lawsuit
From: "Collin Turner" <straylightsghost -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "Ned Bedinger" <doc -at- edwordsmith -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 12:28:39 -0600

I can tell you what I've observed. It won't go over easily, so please don't
kill the messenger. There's a reason why I've named my site Never Whisper...

We (Tech Writers) are generally a quiet lot who just want to get our jobs
done and don't care to rock the boat. We're not here to create trouble or
rouse a riot. We complain to each other about how rough it is, but take the
lumps from the outside without raising hands to the outside world.

In short? We can be rather cowardly bookworms when it comes to finding a
voice.

There we have it. I've raised my voice many times and have caught hell for
it. Will I do it again? You bet! I know the system fairly well now...I also
know when to shut up and how to admit when I'm wrong.

But I also know how to negotiate and how to get what I want from a
situation, even if it takes a while and requires patience. Corporate America
is a big game. Learn to play.

-Collin
collinturner.com <http://www.collinturner.com>
The unofficial words of a Tech Writer