Re: RE: What computer, what software for a lab? (take II)

Subject: Re: RE: What computer, what software for a lab? (take II)
From: quills -at- airmail -dot- net
To: "techwr-l List" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 14:32:14 -0500

Both Parallels and VMFusion allow running Windows as an "application" so that instead of two desktops (Mac and Windows) you only have
the Mac and the Windows apps appear as an app in the Mac OS. VMFusion allows you to run several different types of *nix, I'm not sure
that Parallels does.

The main caveat is that if you want read/write capabilites to the Windows partition you have to use FAT32. If you use NTFS format in
the partition you will have read only from the Mac side. On the Windows side, in order to read or write to the Mac partition or disks
you need a 3rd party application. However you can drag and drop between the two windows.

Scott

On Mon 08/05/19 09:30 , "Sam Beard" sent:

---- Msg sent via Internet America Webmail - www.internetamerica.com

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList