RE: "Old School Article"

Subject: RE: "Old School Article"
From: "Sam Beard" <sbeard -at- oico -dot- com>
To: "Blount, Patricia A" <Patricia -dot- Blount -at- ca -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 09:47:15 -0500

Patricia

I recently heard something about holographic data storage coming out
rather soon. The story mentioned something about the ability to hold 80
movies (or a number very like that) on one DVD! The drives are
apparently available now, but the cost is pretty high (something like
$25,000). This story said that they should be available sometime within
a year or two and be significantly less than that.

Samuel I. Beard, Jr.
Technical Writer
OI Analytical
979 690-1711 Ext. 222