Seen the STC Survey on May 22? (Was: TC definition)

Subject: Seen the STC Survey on May 22? (Was: TC definition)
From: "Pro TechWriter" <pro -dot- techwriter -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 25 May 2008 07:54:24 -0500

Hi All:

The STC sent me a link to a on 5/22 survey that had questions about:

1. Definition of "technical communicator"
2. Salary survey and general availability

Isn't that amazing?

The funny thing is, when I was prompted to choose the industry that I work
in, once again, "Software" was not included. I don't work for
manufacturing, I don't work for IT, I work for a software company!

Here we go with the definitions again, but I just don't think that the
industries they listed are representative. Software is all we do, and we
don't report to IT. In our organization, IT is the "help desk support" part
of the company.

I hope all of you STC members on this list fill out that survey, since it
covers the two main issues that many of us have been ranting (and blogging)
about for months now: our title and job description and salary information.

PT

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList