RE: What do you guys think of STCs new definition for technicalwriter?

Subject: RE: What do you guys think of STCs new definition for technicalwriter?
From: "Sean Brierley" <sbrierley -at- Accu-Time -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 08:44:41 -0400

Wasn't Lauren's definition this one?

<quote>A technical communicator is a person who performs any job or
holds any title within the field of technical communication.</>

One issue is that the programmer next to you has been writing since the
second grade. Why do they need a technical writer, they have that guy.
It's not what we write, but how we write and what we write about. And,
the tautologous stuff tells how we write. Our use of language is an
important part of what we do, I believe, and not at all redundant or
superfluous as some suggest.

Cheers,

Sean