RE: Is Vista "there" yet?

Subject: RE: Is Vista "there" yet?
From: Paul Hanson <phanson -at- Quintrex -dot- com>
To: "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 14:02:24 -0500

Should I tell you what I really think or do you want the sugar-coated version?

I appear to be out of sugar.

The absolute worst part about Vista is the inability to easily search for files on the network. The whole interface is rewritten and it's nearly impossible to quickly set a date range. You have to use "Modified MM-DD-YYY ... MM-DD-YYY" or some garbage like that. Even if you change to 'Classic' view, you get the new Vista search. I use Search all the time to monitor what projects are coming from Dev before they arrive in my dept. The new Search UI is not fun, easy, or intuitive.

I would stay with XP or even 2000. I do need to look to see if anyone on the Internet has developed a way to give you the old UI for Windows Search in a Vista OS.

Paul Hanson
Technical Writer
RoboHelp ACE - http://www.adobe.com/support/forums/team_macromedia/robohelp.html
Quintrex Data Systems http://www.quintrex.com