RE: opinion on outline numbering for chapters/sections

Subject: RE: opinion on outline numbering for chapters/sections
From: "Lauren" <lauren -at- writeco -dot- net>
To: "'Gina Jones'" <gina -dot- techwriter -at- gmail -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 12:13:18 -0700

I got confused with the roman letters. Legal, or "interleaved," numbering
is not confusing to me. But when I see "2.2.1.1 A)" followed by "2.2.1.2
B)," I wonder what happened between the two steps because something is
missing. Also, using a closing parenthesis after a roman letter step number
in a legal list is confusing.

Why do you find legal numbering confusing? Is it new to you? What do the
asterisks represent? Have you taken a look at IEEE styles where legal
numbering is recommended?
http://standards.ieee.org/guides/style/section4.html#805

IEEE also discusses how to handle numbered lists in the section above.

IEEE demonstrates by example how to use legal numbering in its style guide.
http://standards.ieee.org/guides/style/

Lauren

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList