RE: RoboHelp Q

Subject: RE: RoboHelp Q
From: "McLauchlan, Kevin" <Kevin -dot- McLauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>
To: "Zen C" <zenizenc -at- gmail -dot- com>, "techwr-l List" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 12:17:30 -0400

On Behalf Of Zen C inquired:
> Hi,
>
> I want to insert a disclaimer as a message that pops up when the Help
> button
> is clicked. I want the user to read the message before going into
Help. Is
> there anyway I can do this for web help or do I have to get a
programmer
> code something for it to work.

Our WebHelp is not context-sensitive - it's standalone - so I do two
things:

1) My startpage.htm can be the disclaimer page, with (both) further
links from there on the page itself, and the standard navigation pane to
the left for further journeying into the WebHelp

2) I have other, non-Help, documents in txt or pdf format, accompanying
the product, as well as some remote documents, so I have a
START_HERE.html page that includes links to:

"Conditions to which you agree" (a link to the disclaimer and EULA)
"Product XYZ Help"
"QuickStart Guide" (a one-sheeter for plugging cables and inserting SW
CD)
"Customer Release Notes" (on the company website)
"Support" (Customer Support's section of the company site)
"Other Product Information" (marketing docs, white papers, etc.)

I named that first link "Conditions to which you agree" for it's
threatening undertone that suggests you better read this before you do
something that could get you in trouble.

- Kevin

or disclosing it.

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList