Template question, FrameMaker to RoboHelp HTML

Subject: Template question, FrameMaker to RoboHelp HTML
From: Stan Burnett <stanb -at- xmission -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 12:41:35 -0600

FrameMaker 8.0 and RoboHelp 7 HTML as part of the Technical
Communication Suite.

I have a FrameMaker book that uses a template designed for publishing
to PDF. I am trying to create a new template to reformat the content
for importing the entire book (.book file) into a RoboHelp HTML
WebHelp project.

My only problem is with anchored frames and the graphics.

In the template designed for "Publish as PDF," all of the anchored
frames are aligned as "Center" and extend to both margins. The Inside
and Outside margins are set to 48. Some of the graphics are "Offset
From Left" = 114.0 pt (This makes them flush with the Body paragraph
tag). Others are "Offset From Left" = 130.0 pt (this makes them flush
with the "indented body" paragraph tag).

I've created a new template where the Body paragraph tag is set to 0.0
pt. And the "indented body" paragraph tag is set to 16.0 pt.

When I import the FrameMaker book into RoboHelp (after applying the
new template), everything else looks fine, but all graphics are hard
set (Offset From Left) to 114pt and 130pt. (And this looks bad.)

I want to format the anchored frames and graphics in each template so
that when the "Publish to PDF" template is applied, the graphics are
flush with the 114pt Body paragraph....And when the "Import to
RoboHelp WebHelp" template is applied, the graphics are flush with the
0.0 pt Body paragraph.

Paragraphs are easy to manipulate in a template. But I can find no
way to manipulate anchored frames or graphics. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Stan
Portland, OR

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList