RE: Yo-ho! A jolly new Olde English axiom-axing.

Subject: RE: Yo-ho! A jolly new Olde English axiom-axing.
From: "Downing, David" <DavidDowning -at- Users -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 10:16:38 -0400

Folks

I was also going to say something about this -- even though I realize I
was one of the offenders -- but it seems Lauren beat me to the punch. It
seems to me that it just should never have been sent out as a direct
mailing to people. Whoever started it should have posted it to the
what mailing lists are for. People who join them agree to accept
whatever gets posted to them (within reason).

David
--------
I think that out of courtesy to everyone, we should realize that
messages in
this thread are being sent to individuals and not to the list. Can we
just
kill the thread since seeming professionals cannot figure out how to end
the
cc's and post to the list?

This thread was likely unintentionally sent to a group of people, but
when
the first message went out and it was apparent that it went to
individuals,
then every person posting to the thread should have corrected the cc
list
and send messages to specific recipients and not to "all." I created an
email rule to filter this message to my list folder, but I should not
have
had to do that.

Only the first mistake is forgivable, the continued posts to "all" are
rude.

Lauren
Attention:
The information contained in this message and or attachments is
and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any
review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking
of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or
entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you've
material from any system and destroy any copies.
This email message has been scanned for Viruses and Content and cleared by NetIQ MailMarshal

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList