Online training resources for MS Word?

Subject: Online training resources for MS Word?
From: Geoff Hart <ghart -at- videotron -dot- ca>
To: TECHWR-L List <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>, John Hedtke <john -at- hedtke -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 16:34:50 -0400

John Hedtke wondered: <<Can anyone provide a link to training
resources for MS Word? I've a bunch of writing students, most of
whom need to improve their basic Word skills, but I've not been able
to find a lot of data to point them to. Any suggestions?>>

You can probably find better resources, but you won't find any that
are cheaper (errr... less expensive) than Microsoft's own resources:
For Windows: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/training/default.aspx
For Mac: http://www.microsoft.com/mac/help.mspx

They may also be interested in the Word 2003 to 2007 "where the hell
did everything go?" guide*:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word/HA100744321033.aspx?
pid=CH100487431033
* Or search for "Interactive: Word 2003 to Word 2007 command
reference guide"

You can also search their site for the specific application (e.g.,
Word 2003, Excel 2007) plus the word "training" and you should
eventually get to product-specific pages.

Of course, if you're teaching them editing, they might also be
interested in my book (see below). I offer free evaluation copies to
teachers, and significant discounts to students. Contact me privately
if you're interested.

-- Geoff Hart
ghart -at- videotron -dot- ca / geoffhart -at- mac -dot- com
www.geoff-hart.com
***Now available*** _Effective onscreen editing_
(http://www.geoff-hart.com/home/onscreen-book.htm)

Print version: http://stores.lulu.com/store.php?fStoreID=1505747

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList