Re: Commute/Flex work options a Deal breaker?

Subject: Re: Commute/Flex work options a Deal breaker?
From: "Bill Swallow" <techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "Sarah L Blake" <sarah -dot- blake -at- exony -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 10:22:32 -0400

> Of course, the problem with flexible working is that they may also be
> working from home.
>
> <glares at the empty chair normally occupied by the person she currently
> needs information from>

Maybe my joking reply to Gene is warranted here in seriousness,
because it does work as long as you're "nice" about it.

"Oh ye of little faith in cyber-bullying. ;-)"

I work with people all over the world. If I can't get the info I need
(and vice versa) usually a very gentle nudge is sent in e-mail to them
with their boss or project manager cc'd. That gets me results nearly
all the time where other tactics might fail (no everyone is chummy or
buys into the reciprocity of "back scratching").

--
Bill Swallow
Senior Member STC, TechValley Chapter

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList