Re: Do we need to document all UI elements?

Subject: Re: Do we need to document all UI elements?
From: "Larry Usselman" <elgrans -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: klhra -at- yahoo -dot- com
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 09:24:32 -0400

In an example like this, I'm reluctant to assume that the user knows exactly
what the "Send" button does. In some cases, it may send the e-mail
immediately...or it may activate the spell checker and require further
action by the user if errors are found. As much as I dislike it, sometimes
you have to hold your nose and write to the lowest common denominator. My
general rule has been to explain every UI element that the user must (or
may) use, no matter how obvious it seems.

--
Larry Usselman
Harrisburg, Dauphin Co., Pennsylvania

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList