RE: Commute/Flex work options a Deal breaker?

Subject: RE: Commute/Flex work options a Deal breaker?
From: "Leonard C. Porrello" <Leonard -dot- Porrello -at- SoleraTec -dot- com>
To: <klhra -at- yahoo -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>, "Sarah L Blake" <sarah -dot- blake -at- exony -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 07:48:12 -0700

You're joking, right?

Leonard

-----Original Message-----
From: techwr-l-bounces+leonard -dot- porrello=soleratec -dot- com -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
[mailto:techwr-l-bounces+leonard -dot- porrello=soleratec -dot- com -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- c
om] On Behalf Of Keith Hood
Sent: Friday, June 27, 2008 7:08 AM
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com; Sarah L Blake

I was thinking of ways by which someone could keep tabs on a worker, to
make it harder for a remote worker to slough off...It occurs to me that
for the employer, requiring a webcam setup would be a good idea. That
way you could actually see if the guy is at his keyboard when he's
supposed to be. It could be jiggered with a fake image a la "Mission
Impossible," but that would be hard to do. And if you call the worker on
the phone and his screen image is not seen answering, that would be a
dead giveaway.

It may be of use to the worker to be able to see the boss at times.
Lesser value there, I think, but it might come in handy for some things.

I've never used a webcam. Someone with experience of them - would it be
prohibitively expensive to have it going full time?

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList