RE: Verbing text

Subject: RE: Verbing text
From: "Sam Beard" <sbeard -at- oico -dot- com>
To: "Hemstreet, Deborah" <DHemstreet -at- kaydon -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 17:20:31 -0500

Deborah,

Sorry to be chiming in rather late on this, but it was a bit busy the
past day or two!

In any case, my wife is a professor and, recently, one of her
students actually handed in a paper written in such shorthand as that
used in texting! She handed it back and told the author to re-write it
using actual English! It's rather surprising the capacities in which
people are trying to use text shorthand these days!

Samuel I. Beard, Jr.
Technical Writer
OI Analytical
979 690-1711 Ext. 222