Re: Setting up acronyms

Subject: Re: Setting up acronyms
From: cupton -at- syclone -dot- net
To: jopakent -at- comcast -dot- net
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 13:52:01 -0400 (EDT)

I used to tell people that they were using ayran capitalization, and I
thought I was referring to German, since they capitalize nouns. It did not
occur to me that ayran has a very different meaning. I do think some
people enjoy promoting common nouns, and would rather captialize all of
them rather than miss one. It's the same people who used to use all caps
until we told them to stop shouting.

Carolyn