RE: [TOOLS] Review/user comments of MS Virtual Destop Manager powertoy

Subject: RE: [TOOLS] Review/user comments of MS Virtual Destop Manager powertoy
From: "McLauchlan, Kevin" <Kevin -dot- McLauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>
To: "McLauchlan, Kevin" <Kevin -dot- McLauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 15:55:19 -0400

Here's the deal-killer that I just confirmed:

MS Virtual Desktop Manager powertoy messes up Madcap Flare.
When returning to a virtual desktop containing Flare, the Flare window
displays the center pane (editing) and the toolbars, but loses the left
and right panes (Project Organizer, Content Explorer, Concept Explorer,
etc., stacked in accordion tabs on the left, and Find in Files, Find and
Replace, and dynamic Help on the right). That is, the panes remain,
but they are blank... unpopulated. Selecting and de-selecting the
various items from the pull-down menu does not bring them back.
Refreshing the screen does not bring them back. Minimizing and restoring
Flare does not bring back the contents of the two side panes. Only
closing and re-launching the program seems to do the trick. I've
uninstalled MSVDM powertoy from my 32-bit Windows XP Pro SP2 computer.
I think the review is finally done. :-)

I'm back to my regular dual-monitor single desktop, enhanced with the
improved Alt-tab powertoy.

- Kevin