RE: Information gathering.....

Subject: RE: Information gathering.....
From: "Nicola Harlow" <N -dot- Harlow -at- seamsltd -dot- com>
To: "Al Geist" <al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 12:25:52 +0100

Hi Al,

What a strange idea. Most of the time developers write a spec/proposal,
that they give to me with the end product (software).

I then read the spec/proposal, look at the software...then return to the
developer and ask questions, because inevitably they have written their
document from their perspective. It also misses out detail, plus things
can get missed from the document as they assume certain things that
aren't clear to me.

So the idea of sitting someone down and videoing them is just amazing!
Even if you could think of all the questions you need to ask for that
session, there is always going to be a 'Colombo' (Just one last
thing...) that occurs. It seems like a waste of time to me.

Unless you can stick them on YouTube...people will watching anything :)

Nicola