RE: Techwr-l certification?

Subject: RE: Techwr-l certification?
From: "Pinkham, Jim" <Jim -dot- Pinkham -at- voith -dot- com>
To: "Geoff Hart" <ghart -at- videotron -dot- ca>, "TECHWR-L Whirlers" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>, <chrismorton11 -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 08:38:48 -0500

This brings to mind why dealing with HR types on the front end is so
often flawed. Identify, find and talk to the hiring manager. Show him or
her you understand the job, and can do it profitably the way the company
wants it done. Of course, in this case, it's not necessarily an HR type
that we have in Recruiter X. Nonetheless, any headhunter worth his salt
knows that the fundamental issue is whether you can perform. If this one
understands this, provide the ammo that shows you can do the job. If
Recruiter X does not understand and remains hung up on the certificate,
despite your being demonstrably competent, he or she very possibly is
not worth more of your time.