Hidden text and templates

Subject: Hidden text and templates
From: "Holly Steele" <hsteele1 -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 09:43:28 -0500

Hi

I have been using hidden text and templates to create conditional text. I am
quite happy with it and I find it an elegant solution. The problem is that
the user guide has notes that is one table cell with two columns. The first
cell has an icon of an arrow (that I can format as hidden text no problem).
The note text is in the second cell. That cell is shaded grey. I can make
the note text hidden. But, when I look at the page in print preview, the
shaded area displays.

I have tried to add grey shade to the style, but the grey doesn't disappear
when viewed on print preview.

Apart from removing the shading from all the notes throughout the manual
(which I may have to do), does anyone have ideas on making the shading
hidden?

Holly

http://www.componentone.com/DocToHelp/