Re: Writer question...

Subject: Re: Writer question...
From: "Bill Swallow" <techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "Sue Jones" <suej_be -at- yahoo -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2008 14:04:03 -0400

Team Leadership requires very little skill but a lot of honest action.
Team Management requires some knowledge and skill in handling tough
issues, tough associates, and of course administrivia.

You can't do either with tech writing skills at face value, but many
of the tech writer skills are rooted in the very skills required to
succeed at both leadership and management. You just have to actively
switch your focus and remember to be real and not some kind of drone.

I was going to write a book on the subject, but "There And Back Again"
was taken. ;) But "There and Back and There Again" isn't... Hmmm...

--
Bill Swallow
Senior Member STC

http://www.componentone.com/DocToHelp/