Missing Map IDs in RH 7 (Webhelp output)

Subject: Missing Map IDs in RH 7 (Webhelp output)
From: "Norman, Mary" <Mary -dot- Norman -at- xerox -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 09:48:59 -0700

Another RoboHelp question. We have a help file with 460 topics and we
painstakingly make sure that as we add topics, we add a map ID, so
everything is in sync. However, yesterday we found looked in the project
and found that one of our older topics has no map ID attached to it (If
you go to Topic Properties>Advanced, it says "No Map ID..."). But, in
the whchsdata.htm file, the topic does have a map ID.

I have two questions: First, is there an easy way to pinpoint which
topic has a missing map ID, when you discover the number of map IDs is
out of sync with the number of topics? Also, why would a map ID be
missing in the project but be OK in the Webhelp as described above?

Mary Norman

Technical Writer

Xerox Global Services

Xerox Corporation