Re: Senior Tech Writer classification

Subject: Re: Senior Tech Writer classification
From: beelia <beelia -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 10:58:02 -0700

I tend to concentrate on the project and doc plans, hiring and firing, and
all of those other routine manager tasks, but the "organizing people" skills
are even more important because they are harder to acquire. My new company
has lots of employee development courses, so that will help on both fronts.

I have had some great managers, and have had only one really bad one, so
emulation and anti-emulation is a good tip.
Most have been in the middle, though...but I do strive for greatness, so I
guess I'll be doing some emulating. ;-)

http://www.componentone.com/DocToHelp/