WebEx and RoboHelp?

Subject: WebEx and RoboHelp?
From: Geoff Hart <ghart -at- videotron -dot- ca>
To: techwr-l List <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>, Zen C <zenizenc -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 16:21:54 -0400

I didn't follow the original discussion (not an expert on either
program), but I did spot the following suggestion by Rick Stone: <<I
suppose you could accomplish it using a Redirect page. Just create a
normal standard HTML page and insert a special meta tag in it that
redirects to the HTTPS site. Code would look like this: <meta HTTP-
EQUIV=refresh CONTENT="0;URL=https://www.somesite.com";> >>

Be careful with redirects based on the "refresh" command; they're
apparently deprecated by the W3C, which prefers to use "301
redirects". Some useful resources:
http://www.stevenhargrove.com/redirect-web-pages/ (plus the link on
this page to a previous article)
http://www.pa.msu.edu/services/computing/faq/auto-redirect.html

These are supposed to be far more cross-browser compatible, since
these codes (and the infamous 404 "file not found" code) existed back
when Web browsers still relied on well-trained scribes carving
refreshed images into wet clay with styluses. <g> You don't want to
use this approach for high-traffic Web sites with hundreds or
thousands of redirects (because it places a greater load on the
server), but it should work fine for limited numbers of redirects.

Not an expert on this, and I'm still researching an easy way to do
this for my own site (where I'm moving a few hundred files into new
directories as a result of an architectural overhaul). Any pointers
welcomed! (If you reply, please cc me, since I'm leaving for a few
days of vacation and might otherwise miss your message.)

-- Geoff Hart
ghart -at- videotron -dot- ca / geoffhart -at- mac -dot- com
www.geoff-hart.com
***Now available*** _Effective onscreen editing_
(http://www.geoff-hart.com/home/onscreen-book.htm)

Print version: http://stores.lulu.com/store.php?fStoreID=1505747

http://www.componentone.com/DocToHelp/