Single-source with Word - Help solutions question

Subject: Single-source with Word - Help solutions question
From: "Hemstreet, Deborah" <DHemstreet -at- kaydon -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 09:36:10 -0400

Hi Everybody,

I am doing some testing to create on-line Help out of our procedures for
employees. We need to use Word documents that are the source, and create
the help as web-help, net-help, or whatever the software wants to call
the help that is designed more like a website. I need to be able to
create the help, edit the Word document, and then regenerate to add the
changes to the help.

We have tested with Doc-to-Help and Word2Help.

We have not been able to test with RoboHelp because their demo will not
install on our system, despite numerous calls to their tech support. I
would have liked RoboHelp but since I can't test it - we won't buy it
untested.

I am not sure that ePublisher is a solution. I used to use Web-Works
publisher and we had to pay someone to set up the style sheets for us. I
need something that is easy and intuitive to work with. (Though I
suppose trying a demo can't hurt)

Are there any other SW packages out there that let me single source with
a Word file to create help?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Deborah

http://www.componentone.com/DocToHelp/