Re: Google Doc in Comic Book Form

Subject: Re: Google Doc in Comic Book Form
From: jlshaeffer -at- aol -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2008 15:29:27 -0400

Looking closely, I see that the comic is divided into topic sections (indicated by tabs at the top of pages 1, 3, 12, 18, 25 and 34). If you blink you can easily miss this structure (I did the first time through the book). The tabs are not linked or assembled into a TOC anywhere, but the structure is there.

The following links to a blog post has a link to the comic book uploaded in a form that allows linking directly to each page by number instead of just using back and next:

http://blogoscoped.com/archive/2008-09-01-n47.htm

Although the tabs do not constitute a "browseable TOC", I find it interesting that it's almost there. As we tech writers should know, "close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades."

Jim Shaeffer