special tabbed section dividers

Subject: special tabbed section dividers
From: poshedly -at- bellsouth -dot- net
To: Techwr-l <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 16:57:03 +0000

Group,

A large portion of the tech dcs I produce are based on what is produiced by my company's home office in Cologne, Germany.

Those 3-ring binders include 8-section tabbed dividers which run from "0" thru "7". And there are miscellaneous references throughout the binder to Section 0.

In the limited time I've been here -- as the company's first and only tech writer in the U.S. as a contractor -- I've been asked to remain consistent with the home office format for our books even in the U.S.

In looking for these European-style tabs, I found that they are special-order merchandise; one vendor quoted me a price of $3.49 per set (which includes a plate charge) and a job setup fee of $50, with a minimum quantity of 500 sets.

I somehow don't think my supervisor will go for this, considering that we're paying $2.33 per set for off-the-shelf 8-section tabbed dividers in the standard 1-thru-7 format in boxes of 24 sets per box.

Is anybody on this list aware of off-the-shelf 8-section tabbed dividers which run from "0" thru "7" at a more competitive price?

-- Kenpo in Atlanta

http://www.componentone.com/DocToHelp/