RE: Coworker who won't take no...

Subject: RE: Coworker who won't take no...
From: "Lauren" <lauren -at- writeco -dot- net>
To: "'Blount, Patricia A'" <Patricia -dot- Blount -at- ca -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 14:18:38 -0700

> From: Blount, Patricia A

> Picture it...
>
> As the words left his mouth, I frowned. Slowly stood up (I'm
> taller than
> he is) with my hands in a STOP gesture. Cut him off with carefully
> chosen words: "<Name>, that subject is closed. I can't make this any
> clearer. My sons have no interest in it. I have no interest in it. I'm
> not discussing it again. Now, unless you have any project work to
> discuss, you'll have to excuse me."
>
> He put his head down, hurried away. I'm not sure, but I think I saw a
> tremble in his lower lip.
>
> I'm a mean old lady who most likely doomed herself to an eternity in a
> game store for making this kid cower, but d -at- mn! I feel liberated!

Good for you! You said the right thing and handled yourself very well. You
are not "a mean old lady," you were being an assertive person. He may have
been stunned by your response because he didn't see the signs of your lack
of interest, but that is not your issue. You did the right thing.

Lauren

http://www.componentone.com/DocToHelp/