Re: WaH

Subject: Re: WaH
From: ArroxaneUllman -at- aol -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 22:15:39 EDT

Thanks for the sympathy, Kathleen.

The reason this came up is that my boss mentioned it somewhat off-handedly
today. I got the impression that the idea came from something someone said
(again, probably off-handedly). I suspect this indicates an underlying concern
from my coworkers. I want to take steps to show that I am working on projects
and to what degree. Especially since it's apparent that my current actions
(being in the office most of the time, providing deliverables, working long
days, always available on IM/SMS, et cetera) do not give the right impression to
at least someone who has the boss' ear.

Arroxane

In a message dated 9/11/2008 3:33:00 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
kathleen -at- writefortheuser -dot- com writes:

Hi Arroxane,

It sounds like an uncomfortable situation that you've done everything
you could to resolve. It must be hard to be putting out great work and
not getting any recognition, or the opposite.

You didn't say what it was that made you feel like they don't think
you're doing anything. Maybe people could offer something more
concrete if they knew. (at least we can hope so :-)

Regards,

Kathleen

http://www.componentone.com/DocToHelp/