Re: Word styles that refuse to be modified or deleted and won'tfreakin' go away

Subject: Re: Word styles that refuse to be modified or deleted and won'tfreakin' go away
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 19:12:59 -0700

I'll add:

3. Do not give the styles in your own template the same
names as styles in Word's NORMAL template. I use
<companyname_stylename" to name all our template
styles.

4. Do not base the styles in your own template on any
styles in Word's NORMAL template. Break the "based on"
association and make your styles stand on their own.

These will avoid all sorts of nastiness that occurs when
attaching templates to existing documents or sending
documents to people who have modified their NORMAL
template in Word.

Gene Kim-Eng