Fun with RoboHelp X5

Subject: Fun with RoboHelp X5
From: "Sarah Blake" <Sarah -dot- Blake -at- microfocus -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 11:21:36 +0100

I've just acquired ownership of a lovely bunch of RoboHelp files. My
organisation doesn't use RH, but I've managed to acquire and install a
copy of RH X5 to try and deal with these files (we'll ultimately be
converting them into XML, but I'm going to have to maintain them as-is
until we get around to it).

I attempted to open the .xpj and was given the error, ''Failed to load:
C:\Program Files\Merant\vm\devint\bin\ifc_scc.dll". Now, the source
control used for these files is Merant Version Manager, but given that
the files I'm trying to edit are the local copies I don't see why that
would be relevant. But not only is the problem with those files;
/anything/ I try to open in RH gives me that error. I can open RH for
Word fine, but RH HTML falls over with that same error every time. I've
looked, and the DLL's there. I have found one workaround; if I remove
the DLL (well, faff around with the file extension to make RH think it's
not there without /actually/ removing it) I still get the error, but RH
will actually open. But this doesn't seem like the best plan in the
world.

...what the flip is going on here, and how do I make it stop?

(Of course, this may all be irrelevant if I can't get hold of an
activation code for RH, as it can't find the activation server, but one
insurmountable obstacle at a time is what I say...)

Sarah Blake
Senior Technical Author
Micro Focus

Micro Focus Limited is registered in England and Wales. Registered number: 01504593
Registered office: The Lawn, 22-30 Old Bath Road Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 1QN, UK

http://www.componentone.com/DocToHelp/