Re: Sire, about that new design...

Subject: Re: Sire, about that new design...
From: Ned Bedinger <doc -at- edwordsmith -dot- com>
To: "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com >> Techwr-L List" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 17:03:25 -0700

Dan Goldstein wrote:
> See http://tinyurl.com/4kmglu
>
> Best quote: "The agency replaced the production inspection team that
> found deficiencies."

OMG, it's like falling down the rabbit hole into Wonderland. Here's
another slightly more familiar circumstance from the same article--it is
about stepping through the looking glass:

"The FAA has been the target of strong criticism ... that it places too
much emphasis on serving the needs of airlines and aircraft
manufacturers and promoting commercial aviation rather than its primary
mission, which is public safety."

As a tech writer who has been surprised to discover that I've stepped
through the looking glass and begun working more closely with my SMEs
than with my client, and begun representing my SMEs interests to my
client instead of the other way around, I can identify with the FAA in
their problem. And I'd give them the same advice I give myself in such
circumstances. SNAP OUT OF IT!

Ned Bedinger
doc -at- edwordsmith -dot- com

http://www.componentone.com/DocToHelp/