RE: Need examples of system documentation

Subject: RE: Need examples of system documentation
From: "Daniel Ng" <kjng -at- gprotechnologies -dot- com>
To: "'Janice Gelb'" <Janice -dot- Gelb -at- Sun -dot- COM>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 14:14:26 +0800

*This message was transferred with a trial version of CommuniGate(r) Pro*
I've got just the book for you about this. I keep a copy of this

The Practice of System and Network Administration: Thomas A. Limoncelli,
Christina J. Hogan: Books.
http://www.amazon.com/Practice-System-Network-Administration/dp/0201702711

Easy to understand, and filled with system administration best practices,
from terribly experienced people...the people who administer the thousands
of PCs in the Google server megafarms. Its not platform specific so there
are portions that apply to you regardless if its unix, or Win Server
environs.

>From time managamenent, stress management, hiring people, to handling
migration projects, using bug tracking systems, to using wikis, providing
training and support, communication, and documenting IT policies/disaster
recovery plans...good case studies and anecdotes...recommended for anyone
writing system admin guides - base it on a good resource like
this...Practical and tested..