Re: A dark take on Tech Writing...do you agree?

Subject: Re: A dark take on Tech Writing...do you agree?
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "Jerry Kindall" <j -dot- kindall -at- tecplot -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 12:57:01 -0800

What I'd like to know is who defined a "career" as
necessarily having an upward mobility path? If you
have a "job" that pays you well enough to satisfy
your financial needs and enjoy enough to provide
you with personal satisfaction, why isn't staying in
it and growing enough to keep you marketable in
it for your entire working life not a "career?"

GeneK