Re: Laptop for graphics, writing and fun

Subject: Re: Laptop for graphics, writing and fun
From: "CL T" <straylightsghost -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "McLauchlan, Kevin" <Kevin -dot- McLauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 13:16:08 -0700

The links were just for information. I don't own stock in HP...heheh. I just
know their laptops had a really bad run for a while.

But I've had issues with Dell, Toshiba, HP, even a Sony laptop. They all
have their issues. One bad model can sink an entire line. Although I did
drop a Toshiba from six feet onto concrete once. Other than a crack in the
case, it didn't hurt the laptop at all. That's impressive! Would I own
another one? Not sure. I simply prefer to do my research, ask people I know
and look at repair records/recall/tech issues.

As for the 2004 article? Yes. That's why I noted the data was from 2004 -
2008. Simply placed there because 4 years is a lifetime in this arena.

Simply do some research, find what you're happy with and buy. Brand doesn't
matter in the long run, your experience with the product weighs far more in
the grand scheme.

-Collin Turner
Tech Writer, Screencaster, Writer
www.collinturner.com