Re: FWD: Salary, Negotiation, and Salary Requirement/Total Compensation

Subject: Re: FWD: Salary, Negotiation, and Salary Requirement/Total Compensation
From: Keith Hood <klhra -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 21:48:09 -0800 (PST)

To the person who experienced this: The only thing that really matters here is, that company is trying to screw you.

He dropped that figure on you and then didn't have time to discuss it? "Conference call" my aching left hind foot. I know a squeeze play when I hear one.

Do not work for people who try to screw you. If they'll pull this blatant bait-and-switch nonsense now, what kind of atrocities will they try later? Turn in your notice and start looking for a new job immediately.

Even if you wind up working in an entirely different field, you'll be better off working for a company that does not try to cheat you.