RE: Madcap Flare and Firefox 3

Subject: RE: Madcap Flare and Firefox 3
From: "McLauchlan, Kevin" <Kevin -dot- McLauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>
To: <beelia -at- pacbell -dot- net>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 09:37:59 -0500

Ah.
My situation is that our WebHelp (built in Flare 3.1) is standalone (no
hooks for the apps) _meant_ to live on the customer's hard drive, or at
least on their CD drive. However, for our in-house purposes (review and
testing and general storage-in-case-kevin-gets-hit-by-a-bus) I always
store it on a network drive and access it from there. It's never served,
just accessed as files-in-a-folder. In that situation, only Firefox
showed the problem (every click of the search tab caused the search
function to hang while trying to start. No problem clicking another tab
(like ToC or Glossary) and resuming in the same session, but attempting
to start the search would fail.

I was hoping (told) that Flare 4 fixed it, and was in the middle of
chasing the paperwork within my employer company. Even if it doesn't
fix it for me, Your fix with the empty Filters.xml file did the trick,
and I've alerted the other writers in our company.

Thanks,

- Kevin