Re: Programmer/Writers?

Subject: Re: Programmer/Writers?
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 09:00:28 -0800

There are some areas where programmers and technical
writers sprouted like weeds during the height of the dotcom
era and the demand since the end of it has never recovered.
If you think these rates are low, check the rates for "technical
writer" jobs where the requirements don't include any
programming or other technical skills. I've seen ads as low
as $12/hr. Most go unfilled for long periods of time, but the
fact that anyone thinks it's worth the time and effort to post
them in the first place is still telling.

Gene Kim-Eng